By Vanguard Reporter
President Yoweri Museveni has appointed new permanent secretaries and replacing a few old guards some retired in public interest.
“By the Powers given to the President by Article 99, 172 (1) (a) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and the Uganda Public Service Standing Orders (A-n), I hereby , retire the following Permanent Secretaries in the Public Interest: Kintu Guwatude, Kivumbi Lutaaya, Pius Wakabi, Benon Mutumba, David Ebong, Jane Kibirige and Amb. Patrick Mugoya,” reads a statement signed by President Yoweri K. Museveni released Thursday July 15, 2021. Out of seven Kagole Kivumbi died but it not clear why the President sacked the accounting officers. Of recent, there have been concerns of accounting officer failing to absorb borrowed money from multilateral agencies at the expense of government paying interest rates.
Makerere University lecturer Dr Ramathan Ggoobi as the permanent secretary Ministry of Finance, replacing Keith Muhakanizi who has been moved to office of the Prime Minister.
In the new reshuffle announced Thursday evening by in a statement released by senior presidential secretary, Lindah Nabusayi, Mr Museveni appointed Beti Olive Namisango Kamya as the new Inspector General of Government. She replaces Justice Irene Mulyagonja who resigned from the post.
Ms Lucy Nakyobe Mbonye has been appointed as the Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet while Ms Jane Barekye has replaced her as the State House Comptroller.
Diana Atwine has been retained at Ministry of Health.
See full list below;
By virtue of the Powers given to the President by Article 174 (2) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, I hereby, appoint the following as Permanent Secretaries as indicated below:
1. Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet- Lucy Nakyobe
2. Deputy Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet – Deborah Katuramu
3. State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
4. Principal Private Secretary to – Dr. Kenneth Omona to the President
5. Principal Private Secretary to H.E. the Vice President- Alex Kakooza
6. Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
7. Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
8. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Kasura (Maj. Gen.)- David Kyomukama
9. Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs – Rosette Byengoma
10. Ministry of Education and Sports – Kate Lamaro
11. Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development – Batebe Irene
12. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
13. Ministry of Finance, Planning – Dr. Ramathan Ngobi
And Economic Development
14. Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development- Aggrey Kibenge
15. Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
16. Ministry of Internal Affairs – Joseph Musanyufu (Lt. Gen)
17. Ministry of Information, Communication, Technology National Guidance – Dr. Amina Zawedde
18. Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs – Robert Kasande
19. Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Dorcas Okalany
20. Ministry of Local Government – Benjamin Kumumanya
21. Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives Geraldine Ssali
22. Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwaate
23. Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities – Doreen Katusiime
24. Ministry of Water and Environment – Alfred Okidi
25. Ministry of Works and Transport – Bageya Waiswa
26. Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
27. Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
28. Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
29. Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
30. Ministry of Science, Technology And innovation – Abolished and retired
31. Ministry of East African Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
32. Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
33. Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago
Yoweri K. Museveni
P R E S I D E N T
15th July, 2021